November 19, 2006

Lazy Sunday I






There was a great message at church today but the doodle I had from it was horrendous. That is why I have posted the two crosses. These took me a long time today but I think that they were well worth it. The origonal is about 12 inches high and 9 inches wide; it took about 10 hours. Steph (my wife) and I framed it and gave it to our friends Paul and Lesha when they bought their first home.

Steph inverted it to get the darker version which I think is pretty awesome looking. I think that it is amazing that we look at a cross as a thing of great beauty despite the misery that was Christ's suffering for us-not to mention thousands of others who suffered to a lesser degree. There is some lesson in that, God really does take the ugly and make it beautiful.

The third is a photoshoped sketch of the same pastor that spoke today but this doodle is from a while back. His name is Jason Mitchell.

No comments: