February 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Wendy!


It is Steph's (my wife's) sister's birthday and this is what will be her card at lunchtime today. She likes Starbuucks. The girl in the card is speaking Starbuckian. Why do coffee joints have such a crazy language? The world may never know but I imagine that it has something to do with marketing. I bet I could sell grass clippings if I renamed it. Every time I order from Starbucks I feel like I am guessing the whole time: I have to guess at the pronunciation and whatever I am ordering. I don't go often enough to remember what I was lucky enough to order the previous time (or unlucky enough). Fortunately, there is usually there is something warm and coffeeish at the end of the bar and that makes me happy.

All that to say Happy Birthday Wendy!

No comments: