December 19, 2006

Merry Non-white Christmas


One of my favorite movies is White Christmas (with Bing Crosby) and so far this Christmas season it reminds me of that movie: the part where the guys go to Vermont chasing the gals, run into their old general from the war who is running a ski lodge. The problem is that there is no snow and the lodge might have to close. The guys just happen to be famous performers so they ...go watch the movie!

This is also the first (and only) drawing that I have completed that is entirely stipling. Stipling is what most of us would call pointalism but I read in some snobby art book that pointalism refers to making dots with paint and stipling is for pen and pencil. It doesn't matter. I really like the way it turned out. I would do more but they take a lot of time and patience. I have an F in both.

No comments: